The Foreign Trade Association (FTA) is the leading business association of European and international commerce that promotes the values of free trade and sustainable supply chains. FTA represents over 1,900 retailers, importers and brand manufacturers to promote and defend free trade and supports their international business by providing information and practical solutions towards sustainability in the international supply chain.
In 2003, FTA created the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) to provide companies with a practical and efficient system to improve social compliance in global supply chains. In 2011, in light of the success of BSCI, FTA adopted a new governance structure and integrates sustainability into its core business. In 2014, FTA developed the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) to support companies committed to improving environmental performance in their supply chain. Today, FTA unites more than 1,900 member companies. These members reflect the diversity of the commercial sector in terms of consumer goods, turnover and country of origin. By working together and taking a common approach, our members have a greater impact than acting alone.
The FTA is now looking for a Personal Assistant to the Director General
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Be responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external participants , to coordinate a variety of complex meetings
- Strong support for preparing and follow-up of executive meetings
- Be responsible for organizing events (e.g. workshops) on an occasional basis under the lead of the Director General
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate to the Director General
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications
- Assist the Director General with preparation of presentation materials and letters
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation reservations
Professional Skills and Abilities:
- Dynamic and open personality with good communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent English, German is a plus, other languages are welcome
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
Education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience in support at the executive level
- University Degree
What we offer:
- An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities.
- Belgian employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme.
The position is in Brussels.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com .
Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview.